Next Weekend is Superbowl Sunday. And you can’t have a Superbowl without Hot Wings. And who doesn’t love Hooters hot wings.
To make Hooters Hot Wings at home, just follow the directions below!
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 20 Chicken Wings
- 1⁄2 cup Butter
- 1⁄2 cup Hooters hot sauce (See below for recipe if you don’t have Hooteres Hot Sauce)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Combine flour, salt, cayenne pepper, and paprika in a large bowl.
- Coat chicken pieces in dry mixture.
- Refrigerate coated chicken for an hour or 2
- In a saucepan, heat butter, hot sauce, pepper, and garlic powder just until butter melts, then keep warm.
- Deep fry chicken, 10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil for 13 minutes.
- Drain chicken on paper towels.
- Immediately place chicken in Tupperware bowl.
- Pour half the hot sauce mixture over chicken (first 10 pieces).
- Cover and toss to coat.
- Repeat with second batch of chicken.
- Wings can be frozen and reheated in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
If you don’t have Hooters Hot Sauce. Here is a recipe that comes really close.
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks Butter, softened)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
Mix all ingredients together. This will store well in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Serve this with the Hooter’s Hot Wings.